Pushaoo—an apparel brand working towards greater ecological integrity in the apparel industry through hemp and sustainable fashion. We sell incredibly unique hemp products such as fanny packs, backpacks, loungewear, face masks, and yoga mats. We aim to pioneer the hemp textile movement while working to rebrand hemp’s image.
Benefits of hemp as a textile:
- Hemp's rapid growth (it takes 3-4 months to reach maturity) makes it one of the fastest CO2-to-biomass conversion tools available. It is a carbon warrior!
- A single hemp plant yields 220% more fiber than a cotton plant.
- It is naturally pest-resistant! No pesticides needed.
- It saves water! Hemp uses only 1/20th the amount of water as regular cotton to grow and process.
- Hemp naturally cleans and replenishes the soil, a process known as phytoremediation.
- Hemp is one of the strongest and most durable of all-natural fibers (2-3 times stronger than cotton).
Our products are carbon neutral from seed to shelf. Our approach for carbon neutrality is to offset the carbon footprint of our supply chain and have a mix of Reforestation, Renewable Energy, and Community projects. All our projects are rigorously verified and certified through The Gold Standard, Clean Development Mechanism (CDM), or Verified Carbon Standard (VCS). These independent verifiers ensure that the projects are working to deliver the benefits they promise.